The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
More storage restoration
Ordinary internal hollow core doors are your cheapest form of shelving, often you can pick up damaged ones from the merchants at a reduced cost, I use 10mm threaded rod from the roof beams through holes in the corners with large washers to suspend and level the doors. You would be suprised at the volume of bulky stuff you can store on top of a door sized shelf. I 'stack' the doors one above the other using long couplers to join the threaded rods. Seats and windscreens on top and the second door is a hand span below the first one & takes dashboards and the such like. If you are lucky enough to get an external solid door, they will carry the weight of wheels & tyres or gearboxes etc, etc.

You can park car noses below the doors

Aye
Greig
The end of the barn is finally empty?

Well it was empty.

As I have a new shed coming for cars we use on the road. The cars have to go into the barn for a couple of weeks.

To the left are the new doors for the front of the barn, as usual in keeping prices to a minimum, I have to do some alterations before they get fitted.

Tony.

[attachment=7253]
Great work...now a picture of the beautifully labelled racks that all the "Stuff" (sorry - valuable rare parts!) has gone on to! ...Or is there a new shed with it all put in!!  Or was it a skip!?[Image: smile.png]
David
Hi david,

This was a huge sort out, that doesn't finish here.

I sorted 7 to 8 job lots for ebay, I think there's one more lot to go on after guildtown.
There has been a lot that has gone on the front for scrap man.
The parts you haven't see that were in the rafters, have had to go outside to be sorted latter.
There are two trailers full of austin 7, and non austin. That are ready to go to a couple of different auctions.
The rest have been put into there correct trays, in the old stores shed.

A future problem will be I need to reduce the old stores shed an OVERFULL 12 x 36 into the new sorted and tidy 12 x 12. So it will have to be halved.

This is the old stores, I'll sort and reduce this lot through the winter, into the new area.

Tony.

[attachment=7262]

The other side.

[attachment=7263]
Well it's been a little wile since I've been able to get back to this end of the stores barn above.

As I suggested I had a new sports shed on order, as the last one had rotted two inches up, and I could no longer open the door.

Well this is the new sports shed, went up this morning.

It's taken me a lot of time to sort due to builders letting us down, so had to do the ground work myself.

[attachment=7499]

Problem now this shed is up. It shows that that's only the tip of the iceberg.

As now the gate does not fit. SO GOT TO MAKE NEW GATES.

Put a couple locks on today as the chummy is already inside, GO TO FINISH LOCKS.

NEEDS INSULATING.

NEEDS BOARDING OUT.

NEEDS SHELVING OUT.

I could do with another couple of extra months this year.

Tony.
Finally back to this project.

And hopefully I've put on the correct picture.

We ground to a halt on this one when we went on holiday.

As used above I had to sort another garage, and the gate.

Notice we only have two doors at the moment, I had to use the other two to make the gate.

Never mind, more are on order.

Hope to get some good time on this in the run up to Christmas.

It'll soon be here.

Tony

[attachment=8296]
Very nice Tony. Doors and shelves on your Christmas list then. You realise the cars will multiply to fill the available garages.

Peter.
Hi Peter,

It usually ends up that way.

This time the plan is to reduce spares and cars.

The spares will downsize into to barn reconditioning.

But that also means I have more space to expand the museum.

Things are already pileing up.

Tony.
Whilst I'm waiting for paint to dry on the doors and frame, with two coats of primer and two top coats. Is going to take forever.

Thought I'd start on the ceiling joists, thought I'd drop it down by 3 inches to avoid the wires.

A ceiling will hopefully hold some heat in, and keep dust down from the workshop.

Tony.

[attachment=8297]

I am a bit worried about fitting the ceiling now, as the boards are 4 foot x 8 foot. 

And heavy?

There are 3 full sheets to go up, plus smaller cuts.

Ceiling height 7 foot Huh

Tony.
Well that's the tree 8 x 4 panels up.

And trust me when I say that wasn't easy.

Just pulled a steel splinter from my head from doing the job, don't ask?

Also had two shiny new door delivered today.

And one door is totally painted and dry enough to fit.

So making progress.

Busy over the weekend and monday, so hopefully back to work Tuesday.

[attachment=8302]