The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel Rebuild
Who is the best supplier of spokes and rims? I need 2 rims for ~ 1933  19inch wheels along with the right spokes.
I use Richards Bros. Newport.
A Google search won't reveal the details straightaway. it takes you to Richards Bros the coach operators.

The company Bruce is referring to is Richards Bros (Wire Wheels) Ltd of Unit 6, Hedel Road, Canton, Cardiff CF11 8DJ. Tel: 0292 229945.

Hope this helps.
https://www.richards-bros.com
Nick Mouat who advertises in the grey mag does an excellent job of a complete wheel rebuild if you can send him a decent wheel centre. He has done three for me recently with a quick turnaround.
Cheers,
Dave.
What sort of costs should one budget for?

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
Roly,
Will have a look later today when I get home. Only had the last one rebuilt a month ago. I think it was about £ 150 inc new rim and spokes. I sent Nick a good wheel centre. Turnaround was about 2 weeks.
Cheers,
Dave.
I recently spoke to Richard Bros and if I remember correctly the cost of parts was £120-ish and £20 labour for the build.
Roly, £157.50 inc p & p. April this year. Very similar to Richards.
Thank you all. Two of the Chummy wheels are like Pringles. The spikes are all tight. I better start saving.

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD