The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amberley Museum Autumn Historic Transport Gathering, West Sussex 08-10-2017
Date: 08-10-2017

Amberley Museum Autumn Historic Transport Gathering, West Sussex

Station Road, Amberley, Near Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9LT

10AM - 5PM

This is a special day for the Museum this year, as it will be the 40th year of this popular event, celebrating classic cars. motor bikes, cycles, commercials and busses. The Autumn Gathering was the first day Amberley Museum was open for a preview to the public back in October 1978.

I have emailed to confirm the arrangements for entry in our cars, and will update when/if I get more details.

Standard admission prices: Adults £11.50, Senior/Student £10.50, Children £7.00, Under 4's visit for free. 

Further info from the fink on their homepage HERE
If you haven't been to Amberley museum before it's well worth a visit but particularly so for this event. There will be something of interest to anyone attending, buses, trains, fire engines, road mending vehicles plus of course visiting classic / vintage cars including a fair few Austin 7's usually.

It's a great place for kids, with free bus and train rides as well as lots to see. Good place for big kids like us too!
Completely agree, a wonderful and fascinating place.
I'm intending on going with my Mulliner, and hopefully dad will come along with his chummy.
I've emailed to try to get further detail on what the arrangements are for driving in, but no sign of a reply yet.
Don't suppose you know if it's just a case of turning up on the day?
The following has just a few seconds ago just gone on their fb page "To exhibit at this event you needed to pre-register. The booking window for this is now closed. We hold this event annually, so you can enquire to take part in next year's event."
Oh bother, thanks for letting me know. 
Just spoke to them on the phone, and they confirmed that they are full to the brim with entries, and that we were just too late.
On the plus side they have over 300 vehicles booked in so it should be a really good day.
Being a bit of a traitor to the cause and taking my rare 1927 Singer Junior Tourer to Amberley that I've had for over 20 years. Interesting car to compare to the Austin Seven especially a 1927 Chummy, hence my provision of the following list of differences. A bit bigger and a full 4-Seat Tourer, it was advanced for its time having an Overhead Cam 8HP Engine (precursor to the famous 9HP one) but lacked the following, a driver's door (you have to enter by the passenger side!), front brakes (only rod operated rear ones) and no fan belt or pulley drive at the front of the engine (cooling purely thermo-syphon) with a V-Drive to Magneto and dynamo. Handbrake is on the right so if you have to make a sudden stop and have to change gear, you run out of hands as the foot brake is only for gentle/gradual stopping! Has an older look to it than the equivalent Austin 7 but I think is more elegant and with its Jaeger Instruments dare I say has a better build quality. Judge for yourself if you are coming to Amberley.  

.jpg   P1060335 (800x552).jpg (Size: 247.96 KB / Downloads: 198)
Just a few of the vehicles at Amberley today, a good number of 7's too. I did rather fancy taking the Bentley out for a spin and not coming back!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is a video on the Amberley Museum fbook page of todays show. Lots of nice cars.

James Anderson - your vehicle is shown approx 1 min 25 secs from the end.
What a super day. As Nick says there were good number of sevens (15 that I counted), along with quite a few other pre war Austins and wide range of other marques and machinery. Most all of the site was covered with cars and other exhibits, and the museum were running a number of the own vehicles and engines. I will start off with Photos of the day, but also have a video (mostly of cars leaving, but also of some of the moving exhibits on site). 

To start with here are some general shots of areas around the site.

First Batch of Austin 7s in year order.

1928 AD Van,

From 1929 2 variations of Saloon...

an RK...

..and Fred Carter's Mulliner. It was great to meet Fred and to see his car and the pictures he took while restoring it. It's only the 3rd saloon (Mine included) I've seen in the flesh, and I was very sorry that I hadn't applied in time to bring Rosie along. Hopefully we will get the cars together at one of next years events.

1931 EA Sports Replica

1931 AF Tourer

1931 RM Box Saloon

1931 RN Box Saloon

1932 RP Box Saloon

More to follow...