Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LUCAS BOX COVERS
Parts needed!

We're now into the final re-assembly of the "AVQ" (Mk 1 Ruby) van, but are lacking covers for the fusebox (about 2" x 1 1/4"), the lighting junction box (about 2 1/4" diameter) and the dipswitch.

Can anyone help with any of these, please?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On all the Rubies I have owned (4 I think going back to 1963) there was no cover on the dipswitch. So I suspect you are asking for something which does not exist. Hope this helps.
Robert Leigh
I think I might have a fusebox cover Martin. I'll check when I get home.
Hi.

I cannot help you with any of the covers I'm afraid but I agree I have never seen one for the dipswitch. It may have existed of course but I've never seen it.

The fuse box cover + wire clip is more plentiful. You should be able to obtain these fairly easily.

Fitted to some of the earliest Ruby vehicles, the junction box 'Click cover' is probably the most difficult to find of the two available items. Often missing as they have thin metal tabs that lose their grip on the bakelite base which often becomes partly broken around the top edge. I have seen large oil drum caps adapted to look a little similar to the original item - It's just a question of finding one the correct size and adapting it as best you can.
The later Rubies have an all Bakelite junction box with a screw on top cover. These can be broken due to over tightening. They are not as difficult to obtain as the 'Click' type, but it may take a while to source one.
Having looked through my collection of bits now I do have a fuse box cover. Since it is complete with the fusebox, fuse and the fixing screws and nuts I feel that I should only sell the complete assembly. Let me know if you are interested.
Robert Leigh
Jaimie at the Seven Workshop does a suitable 2" four-way junction box.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
(21-06-2019, 12:59 PM)PeteUU Wrote: Fitted to some of the earliest Ruby vehicles, the junction box 'Click cover' is probably the most difficult to find of the two available items. Often missing as they have thin metal tabs that lose their grip on the bakelite base which often becomes partly broken around the top edge. I have seen large oil drum caps adapted to look a little similar to the original item - It's just a question of finding one the correct size and adapting it as best you can.
The later Rubies have an all Bakelite junction box with a screw on top cover. These can be broken due to over tightening. They are not as difficult to obtain as the 'Click' type, but it may take a while to source one.

See here: https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/p...n-box-c30l

The ones mentioned by Rick are here: https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/p...nction-box
The floor-mounted dip switch on my mark 1 Ruby is fully enclosed: I assume that it is original. I could post a picture if it helps to see what the cover looks like.

Jamie.