The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah an old friend returns
If you check his feedback you will see that at least two of his Austin Seven Special buyers were not best pleased with their purchase!
(21-06-2019, 01:35 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: ..and ready-to-race tape over the headlamps. A sure-fire selling point.

I thought those were to hold the units together in the absence of expensive screws?

I must admit, it would not be the same movement without things like this though, as it just emphasises the richness experienced when you DO sort things out to a useable standard, or observe things like the pics for the PGS or some of the builds going on evidenced here. And we all need more laughter in our lives generally.
I guess the battery is to stop the assembly blowing over in a gust of wind  The stone guard or whatever filling radiator surround another touch of genius.
I have to say, I appreciate the removable speedo. I guess that is to prevent someone from making off with it when parked. ;-)

Erich in Seattle
Perhaps we can have some fun with this. If this was your car and you really wanted get rid of it - yet be scrupulously honest - how would the description run?
Nice pre-war AA badge for sale; also an Austin Seven chassis with crude special body and some parts.
32:1 scale replica of a Matchbox toy car for sale...True to every detail of the original matchbox toy.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Having 'sold' this car at least twice on eBay, Mr Williams has changed his selling technique:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1133804

Just £4,500 to you, Sir!
I have too much time on my hands, so how about this:

Glorified soap box pedal car (minus the pedals) for sale to gullible sap… preferably on ebay at 2am after 12 pints.

1933 (well it was photographed by my granddad who was born then…)

Features:

Genuine pre-war hammered bean tin body (still showing traces of tomato sauce) loosely based on Austin Ulster (Austin being my dog's name and my mum is from Coleraine)

4 lovingly hand-painted Hammerite-adorned wheels… red for extra speed.

Some engine and ignition parts (I wasn’t sure how to put them together) but I find its performance is better when pushed from the top of a large hill.

Spirited performance in its 10.5gp form (that’s gravity power)

Genuine waterski mudguard/running boards (believed to have belonged to Mike Hazlewood, you know, the World Waterski Champion from the 1980s… and that’s pretty old these days!)

Removable White Rabbit-style speedo… great security feature. Leave it parked on any council estate without worry…

Genuine 1920s/30s black tape on headlights (found by trackside at Brooklands… believed to have once adorned the wobbly headlight of Tim Birkin’s Blower Bentley, subsequently having worked loose at 100mph at the top of the banking… the headlight was fine)

Period (the oldest thing on it) fire extinguisher. Empty of course, but can be used in the event of an insurance claim to say that you did at least “try” to put it out when you set fire to it in an attempt to get some of your money back on it…

Payment in cash, preferably in used 20s and at a conveniently located motorway services, so I can get the hell out of there before you realise what a turkey you've just bought.

Any questions, please don't ask.

Advertised elsewhere so can be removed at any time if sold... yeah right
He must be a frustrated dressmaker or a surgeon, he keeps tying to stitch someone up...
If he's the latter he must believe the old joke:
What's the difference between a consultant and God?
God doesn't think he's a consultant ;-)