The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cr gearbox
Does anyone have a close ratio 4spd sync gearbox for sale? Preferably one that is freshly built. 
John
Have you spoken to Andy Bird - he often has one rebuilt and ready to go...
http://austinsevengearboxservices.co.uk

I bought a rebuilt 4 speed 2 synchro with close ratios from Andy a little while ago and am very pleased with it and the service I received.

Ian Singer
Thank you very much gentlemen! I will try him
Thank you for the advice about Andy. A gent to talk to.
A word of warning when fitting a set of CR gears into a 4 speed gearbox. I have done a number of these over the years and in almost every case I have found the bore of the 1st motion shaft where the spigot bearing runs has required attention. It would appear that when the new gear is shrunk onto the shaft it compresses the spigot housing resulting in an internal taper and a binding bearing. I correct this with a tool post mounted grinder in my lathe, but I imagine most will not have access to one of these these so will need to farm the job out.
Black Art Enthusiast
I replace the Hyatt roller bearing with an inter bush from our A7 suppliers as the roller bearing can wear ridges in the gear and on the spigot, and secure the syncro cones by peening  with blunt centre punch.  Terry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)