The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear hub greaser adapter
Just reading about these in 1980B (p22)
Apparently they were no grease holes originally and then when they were added, there was an adapter to regulate the grease supply.
I don't think I've seen one of these - anyone got a pic? Or is it the same as something like the one on a DJ distributor?
(08-06-2019, 06:48 PM)JonE Wrote: Just reading about these in 1980B (p22)
Apparently they were no grease holes originally and then when they were added, there was an adapter to regulate the grease supply.
I don't think I've seen one of these - anyone got a pic? Or is it the same as something like the one on a DJ distributor?
Jon.

Do you mean the 'Special ENOTS Greaser Connection with Nipple' Reference Number BT15 in List of Spare Parts 353a? (confusingly called 'Greaser Extension Piece' in the Handbook 352e)
As I understand this didn't regulate the supply of grease, just allowed the ENOTS grease gun be attached to the Hub so you could easily overfill them !! (fill from the bottom until grease came out the top hole !!!) 

Cheers, Tony.
yes, thanks, article says there are side grooves so grease emits when full.

so what IS the best practice for doing hubs? It seems a big space in there... and presumably that strategy relies in pressure being put on it, full, to compress some into the bearing sides...?
Just pack the bearings with No 2 Lithium based grease and wipe off the excess.

It is much easier and simpler to use sealed bearings in the hubs- these are already grease filled which will last the life of the bearing.

Modern Lithium based greases are much better than those available when the Austin Sevens were built.