The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1933 "65" in Pennsylvania
For information (not one for me!)
On Hemmings there is currently a Type 65 for sale ($32,000) Apparently it went to Vancouver from UK & was mechanically rebuilt before being raced in the 60's. It then was again mechanically rebuilt in 1993 & is now for sale at a BIG dealer in PA. The Registration (Northern Ireland?) is CZ3075...not on the A7CA register. The ad doesn't give engine & Chassis numbers.
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dea...67599.html
I think I know that car. If I am right, it belongs to a woman who was in our club ( https://www.bccdelaware.com/ ). When I bought the Ruby she offered some spares she still has. I have been parked with the 65, and her Chummy, at shows (in the "Other" class). Very nice person. If this is the car, I'm inclined to go along with the info in the advert. Mike
it appeared on FB a little while ago still in the garage, so either that FB chap bought it and is selling on, or...

If anyone enquires, please try and get the body number on the transmission tunnel "as part of checking it's legit"...

[Brian Hurst FB May 2018... probably the Austin Seven feed...]
Sadly no sports engine fitted
Interestingly it says it's the oldest known 65......... I wonder?
isnt it nice. The R47 really suit it.
(08-06-2019, 08:10 AM)NickB Wrote: Interestingly it says it's the oldest known 65......... I wonder?

at least three older, one corroborated, but all may not be on original bodies! One chassis hanging around too...
I'm worried by the fit of the doors! I'd expect better for the money.