The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven traditions...
(08-06-2019, 04:42 PM)Davemayle Wrote: Fantastic Ruairidh your daughters grin says it all. My daughter with maybe another 20 years on yours thinks the same!

Lush!!
(08-06-2019, 06:11 PM)Tod Wrote: I was fortunate enough to be loaned this car last summer by Ruairidh. When I had it I took my Grand children off for a run, beautiful weather and beautiful smiles all round. I also took a neighbour's daughter to University on her first day, she still talks about it with a great big smile.
What memories this car must have.
Tod

That is very nice - I like that a lot!
We used the Big 7 for our two oldest daughters weddings. Four doors so easy entry. For our son the special as the wedding was across the road from the brides house and cars for the bridal party were not needed.
Great to see the little Beastie out and about again.  Fond memories of touring the West Country with R and me in it.  One doesn't forget these outings in a hurry - most appreciated.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
It would have been quite shiny way back then Bill!
Quite probably so was I?   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Does running out of fuel rather frequently, particularly when acquaintances are about, count Ruaridh? ;-) (tho' must admit quite a few years practise has lead to a better fuel checking ritual!)
Paul
On the first day God created the Austin 7, then he rested
I don't know whether this counts as a tradition but we have been attending the World Famous Bristol A7 Club North Devon event since 1978. I can't say that we have done every year but probably we have clocked up 30 out of the 41 trips. The event is held over the half term week after the late spring bank holiday.

Here we are at the top of Porlock, waiting for the following cars. Someone had ignition problems that turned out to be a shorted DK4A base plate and had to change a distributor back along the A39.

Subsequently, we headed for Minehead that particular, wet day and played trains on the West Somerset Railway.

Incidentally, I can remember Ruairidh on the first event I went on in 1978, having his pyjamas put on in the Rockford Inn. We used to get a lock-in there and we would sit and drink until the small hours, staggering back up the 1 in 4 hill to the campsite.

On that first event, I can also remember seeing Porlock for the first time through my Ruby windscreen. Someone said "just get a good, clean double de-clutch into first gear on the hairpin and you'll be fine!". I thought "but I can't do that…..". 
Miraculously, by the time we reached the top of the hill, I had learned to double de-clutch and have never forgotten!

Tim R
Paul - most certainly!

Tim - that is one tradition that I miss a great deal - Scrumpy Run, then North Devon, was a staple of my childhood - I savoured it and I miss it a great deal.

I have often tried to work out if we could come down as a family somehow but it is so far in such a short space of time - keep posting photos of it so I can imagine being there!
Interesting additional (?) panel on the side to which the screen uprights are mounted Ruairidh. Is that for reinforcing? I’m considering fitting a screen to mine later this year and am concerned about the strength of the alloy body....a Rod Yates one.

As an aside, for some reason I can create new topics.....I was able to until recently. Anyone any idea why?