The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven traditions...
My eldest daughter and I have an annual (past tense) tradition that we go to the Scottish Borders in the Ulster [sic] for the weekend together.

It is pretty much the only time I use the car each year, which is a shame but I am not allowed to sell it (all four women in my life forbade it some years ago - phew)!

I must admit to be quite excited to be exhuming it after a two year lapse.

Traditions - what say you Forum readers?

The last time...

.jpg   Borders raid.jpg (Size: 39.95 KB / Downloads: 948)

Great stuff R , Good to see the youngsters involved too.  Cheers
Four of my six had the seven as a prom car and lots of their friends too... I try to do at least one each year. have lost count of how many school leavers have gone in the ORT now, but its more than a few... Does that count R?
Yes!

Excellent tradition sir.

.jpg   19731886_10211318202289686_6850111430574429640_n.jpg (Size: 111.63 KB / Downloads: 859)
These are not my children!
Great work Nick!  Not too sure about the KGB guy in the background - he looks a bit dodgy to me!

Number three daughter and I went up to the Batcave in the Chummy to see if we could coax Ulster into life.

I filled her up with water, fitted a charged battery and switched on the ignition.  The SU pump sprang into life so I swung the handle, on the second attempt she burst into life which surprised me as the fuel is that which I left in it!

We then drove the 12 miles back to home, it was her very first trip in the car and she noted that it, "did not have doors", was "very loud" and "very fast".

It was a great trip home, the car is like putting on a familiar and old leather glove, I feel very much at home in her!

"The SU pump sprang into life" - anything more than 6 months idle I normally have to batter mine with a 4 x 2 for half an hour to coax a tick out of it! Must be the pure Scottish air or something...

Good to see you both enjoying the ride!
Fantastic Ruairidh your daughters grin says it all. My daughter with maybe another 20 years on yours thinks the same!

Attached Files
.jpg   drive.jpg (Size: 17.45 KB / Downloads: 658)
I was fortunate enough to be loaned this car last summer by Ruairidh. When I had it I took my Grand children off for a run, beautiful weather and beautiful smiles all round. I also took a neighbour's daughter to University on her first day, she still talks about it with a great big smile.
What memories this car must have.
Tod
(08-06-2019, 01:18 PM)Chris KC Wrote: "The SU pump sprang into life" - anything more than 6 months idle I normally have to batter mine with a 4 x 2 for half an hour to coax a tick out of it! Must be the pure Scottish air or something...

I bought the pump brand new in 1990 Chris - it was VERY expensive (for me, at the time) but seems to have been a good investment. The ones on my Morris 1000s usually needed a good thump to get going!

I have a spare one wrapped up in the boot...