The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture of the Month - June 2019
Although it has a”boat tail” it’s surely a GE Stadium ?

The second photo shows a similar car parked outside Gordon England’s showroom.

Note the central location of the Austin script on the radiator, a GE “trademark”

Stadiums were the successor to the GE Cup and were originally fabric bodied but
later were alloy skinned, “As light as a Fabric” says the period advert I have of this car.

My Cup is alloy skinned :-)

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Bill - the question was 'is that a boat tail?' rather than 'is that a Boat Tail?', so as the post was about a Stadium in the first place...

But of course, if it had been 'is that a Boat Tail?' then someone could have answered 'no, it has a boat tail but Boat Tails were never actually called Boat Tails despite them having boat tails...'
... and surely they were Stadia not "Stadiums"!

Peter.
Only if you saw two together!
has Ruairidh perhaps got the possibility of two Stadiia on the bill at the forthcoming gathering? It could happen but getting increasingly less likely.
If we are being fussy about capitalisation, I think Stadia only has one I :-)

Regards

Bill G

Ps Pretty certain my Cup will make it to Guildtown now
but Neil’s won’t make it as he’s still to fit the fabric covering.
Based near the Scottish Border,
This pluralisation of car names seems to be an endless source of controversy.  Surely even if a proper noun is derived from an common noun it is a word in its own right.  A girl called Daisy may have a name originally taken from the flower daisy (a noun associated with a class of entities) but she is not that flower.  Put two of them together and they are not two Daisies, but Daisys.  A Stadium does not look at all like a stadium, and isn't a stadium.  Two of them are Stadiums.  And please, no apostrophes!   Wink