The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tracking
Both the camber and the castor cause wheels to try and turn outward, loading the linkage hence slight toe in is appropriate.
(The kpin axis usually lies slightly inside the centre of tread, so castor action tends to turn wheel outward)
Toe out is usually for Front Wheel Drive as under acceleration the wheels tend to toe in.
Cheers

Mark
Well really, talk about dim! Both front (and rear) wheels are considerably out of true, no wonder it handles like a pig and won't go straight or round corners.
Who can anyone recommend for realignment of all my rims? Of course I want them done yesterday... Is there anyone local to me who can take it on or will I need to send them away?
Where is local?
Or have a go yourself!

Repairing Wire Wheels - Cornwall Austin Seven Clubwww.austin7.org/Technical%20Advice/Rep%20Wire%20Wheels/

Howard
Nick Mouat, near Andover.
(16-06-2019, 02:18 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Well really, talk about dim! Both front (and rear) wheels are considerably out of true, no wonder it handles like a pig and won't go straight or round corners.
Who can anyone recommend for realignment of all my rims? Of course I want them done yesterday... Is there anyone local to me who can take it on or will I need to send them away?

Tony Margel in Leeds, Duncan. I'm a long way from home at the moment so can't give his contact details but Malcolm has them.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I'll give him a call. I've since swapped the front wheels to the rear and the adjustment has been redone. A little easier than before as those two wheels are more true and with an average of 10mm toe-in it drives much better. Room for improvement still, however.

Local is N Yorks, I've amended my profile..
If the front wheels are out of true it is almost impossible to set the toe in correctly to around 1/8" . 

Cheers, Tony.
Duncan, It sounds to me as if you are only taking one measurement, to set the tracking you need to take one measurement then roll the car forward till the wheel has rotated 180 degrees then take another measurement any slight difference in the wheel rims can then be averaged out. If you have known out of true rims then do it at 90 degree increments.