The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump carb issues
Hi, 

New to this form but I’m hoping that someone can help or at least shed some light. I inherited my 1935 Opel a rebuild with my late grandfather always ran smooth and never missed a beat. I started having curling issues and she just required a new lift pump, once fitted she starts and runs but appears to be over fuelling the carb and leaking fuel from the small overflow hole.

I’ve Stripped the carb (solex 26aic) and the inlet valve was stuck... great easy fix.. or so I thought. Started and ran well however still over fuelling and leaking. The inlet valve. Is a 2.0, i was thinking of looking to reduce it to a 1.5 if I can find one. I know the lift pump is correct bought from the Austin soares and checked so the problem must be the inlet valve right? 

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome, coz it’s driving me mad not having her running 

Thanks steve
Maybe the pump is not right Steve there was a thread recently where exactly the same problem came about after fitting a new reproduction pump. Try talking to the supplier he may now have some idea if there is an issue with the new pumps and what he solution is.
Black Art Enthusiast
Assume you have checked the float/fuel level and that the float is not punctured with petrol in it so not floating high enough to press on the forks/valve........check forks have not been bent.

Dennis