The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming the car
Personally I am not a fan of deliberately thinking up pet names like Mable or such like just to because it seem's the thing to do in some quarters, I feel that is rather crass and unimaginative . However cars get names for various reasons and I have no problem if a name should arise for a specific reason or because of an event in the cars or owners life, I think those are the ones it would be nice to hear about.
Black Art Enthusiast
The Chummy at one time in a varied career had FTD at Rob Roy Hill Climb- perhaps it should be called Rob Roy ?
The best one I know is a freind's wonderfully original and very smart Mk2 Ruby, they call it Guinevere (Reg. is GV) because she's a posh old bird!
All my vehicles, including the tractor and forklift have been named.    
My A7 coupe is Baby Jane Aus................   Rolleyes

Peter
Here's Vera. My girls wanted "Black Brum" but I can't say NO to a fellow Sussex resident who is older than the car. With a registration number of VL 4193 she had to be Vera Lynn.

My RL is known as Benjy. Don’t ask why , but he’s had that name for at least 40 years - long before I owned him.
Alan Fairless
My wife refers to my Ruby as the Toy. However my daughter in law refers to it as the tin box.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
My first fabric saloon (1930) was named Brunswick after the road in Cambridge from which it was bought.
Jim
My Special is called 

"The Penrock Special"

After the little cottage called Penrock where I built it (in a 12 x 6 shed!)

My RK is simply "The RK" (although I was going to call it No2 because when I got it it was a pile of ****)

My current project has no name as its just a pile of bits at the moment!

Cheers

Howard
I lived in Brunswick Walk Cambridge from 1963 to 1967. I bought Gloriana from a flatmate; he was a Benjamin Britten fan as was his brother who had given him the car as a 21st birthday present; it was a 1933 RP, which is still in Cambridge with the second owner since me. Pictures of the car appeared in the Cambridge Daily News after it was driven along the frozen River Cam in the hard winter of '63. I also owned an un-named 1930 fabric saloon at that address. Later I had another VE registered RP which was named Vera by the brothers to whom I sold it. Also for 38 years I had Clarice, a scruffy 1936 MkII Ruby. She had the name on the side of the bonnet, and we always used it. I did give a name to my Austin Seven tractor: I called it Trevor, not just to fit with tractor but because it had a modified Solex carburettor to allow it to be run on TVO.
Robert Leigh