The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roadside repairs..
In 1974 I stopped at services on the M5 (Frankley just S of Birmingham I think) and checked the wheel nuts on my RP, to have a stud on the rear break. As I was on the way to Weymouth to join the Bristol Club holiday to the Gorges of Tarn in France  and I had no spare with me this was a bit inconvenient. An interested AA man wandered over and offered membership and rescue which I of course refused. Instead I phoned my father at home in Walsall and gave him instructions as to where a wheel hub complete with studs could be found amongst the stock of spares and in due course he arrived with this. Meanwhile to the interest of the AA man I striped the offending hub off the car and refitted the replacement parts on their arrival. The AA man I remember told my father that he never thought I would fix that as he certainly couldn't have. But then nothing can stop you when you are 19. We made it down to the Med at Agde on that holiday and it was I think Ruairidh's first major Austin trip abroad. On this trip a a gearbox (not mine) was rebuilt by the roadside but that's not my story.
(21-05-2019, 08:27 PM)Bruce Nicholls Wrote: it was I think Ruairidh's first major Austin trip abroad.

It was - in the 29 Chummy - you may/will recall that I took my own family to same campsite in Meyrueis this past summer.

Are you in this picture, I am?

.jpg   Meyrueis meal.jpg (Size: 126.79 KB / Downloads: 274)

L to R - Dan Burt, Ian Dunford, John Statton, Andy Shepherd, David Price.

.jpg   Meyrueis break down.jpg (Size: 134.03 KB / Downloads: 302)
Yes Ruairidh, I am the child in the purple shirt sitting next to your father!

I have now succeeded in getting a fair cop of my standard 8 film taken on this holiday on to 8mm vhs. Only got to persuade windows 10 to talk to my Sony camcorder now.
About 90 seconds into the YouTube video of VSCC Llandow 1973 you can se my father and me, with the engine out in the paddock, fixing the clutch.
Brilliant Bruce!!

Roger - this should start at the point your rears appear!

Edit: Well, the start at 1m.29 will have to be manually applied!
Just looking at the restaurant picture again and I spotted the Ducks, Donald and his wife who's name I can't remember, at the centre back of the photo. They came to Meyrueis with us in their Ruby which if I remember correctly he had purchased new.