The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Beaulieu
Hi All

Just a week away from the Spring Autojumble.  Could cherished suppliers let us know where they will be?

Top of my search list is a high frame (1929) torque tube socket mounting the one that is riveted to the rear cross member.

But my list is as long as....  well very long. 

Cheers

Howard
Hi Howard.

Beat me to it.

As I collected the reconditioned blocks from Steve flake today, I was thinking if anyone is looking for a recondition block. It would be a good idea to collect from beaulieu, as is stops things like studs getting damaged.

I have plenty of chassis balls in stock if you need one. I beleive 1929 is the smaller size.

Also welcome to email me a list, I'll get what I can there. You can then say yes or know. At least that way you get the opsion.

My stall number is R087.

I only have one pitch so stock on show will be limited, if I know what people are looking for. I can make it more of a priority for the van.

I usually try to give the people who brave the shows a bargain or two. Not sure what yet. 

High comp head gaskets are new this year, we are already the cheapest on the market at £26.00 each. And offering a 10% discount if you buy 5.

Perhaps I can find another of bargains to put along side them.

Tony.
Thanks Tony

I've sent you a PM

Cheers

Howard
Start of a new season Spring Beaulieu  AUSTIN REPRODUCTION PARTS RED FIELD 159 (Top of red field )
SEVEN WORKSHOP just round corner  Hope to see new and old customers   Willie  A.R.P.ltd
Hi Again

Surely there are going to be more than just three Cherished Suppliers at Beaulieu this year?

Howard
Hi Howard,

Sadly it's a mix of a couple or three things, the jumbles aren't what they were.

Spring beaulieu is still quite large.

But what people are chasing after now is different.

There are not so many people after car parts, and sadly the austin 7 world makes the least profit from sales.

This combination for many means it's either not worth standing in a cold field for three days.

For many who still attend, like myself have cut overheads by dropping down to a single stall. 

Also like myself people are putting out more of the automobilia, signs and tins etc, because that's what sells.

You are welcome to judge what I put out, it used to be 95% austin 7. Now it's probably 20%

Many of the stall holders ive got to know over the years, right the show off as advertising?

Personally I always looked at spring beaulieu as the first main show of the year, and if someone found something nice over the winter, that's were it's likely to be put out? Nowadays I'm not so sure?

One thing I do know is if you don't get out there you won't find out.

Tony.
Hope all who attended had a good weekend.

The saterday felt very busy, perhaps many people listened to the weather report and changed days.

The rain did come on Sunday, however you know wheather reports.

It rained around 3.30pm. Light shower for 2 minutes.

Didn't find much myself, some nice floor matts?

Perhaps put them on another thread.

Tony.
Hi All

I had a good weekend and bought most of what I wanted and some more besides.  

As Tony said Saturday first thing was busy but by Sunday afternoon it was quiet.

Felt sorry for those packing up in the wet.

Looking forward to the 750MC event in July and hopefully a bigger International in September.

Cheers

Howard
We've been tempted to take a stall at Beaulieu, but as Tony says, it can be an expensive way to spend three days standing in a cold field.

Because of the nature of our work, we'd be using it more as a shop window for what we do, rather than an over-the-counter parts sales operation. We wouldn't be able to measure the success of the event until the orders started to come in, which on past experience could be months, or even years!

Perhaps we should think about sharing a stall with someone else?
Hi martin,

I don't like to put you off beaulieu.

I try to give an honest view of how things are.

You may find September international beaulieu worth wile as there is a much larger attendance from Europe etc.

I have a friend who sells woodwork for morris minors and I think jags, he had a few sales at spring on these. Perhaps because the moggie minor had there anniversary at spring beaulieu.

Tony.