The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Size of photo's
How do I reduce the size of my photo,now 5.4mb so I can post it?
(27-09-2017, 04:12 PM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: How do I reduce the size of my photo,now 5.4mb so I can post it?

In Microsoft Office Picture Manager (well, my version at least), open the picture, right click on it and you should get a small menu that includes 'Edit Picture'. Click on this and in the panel that appears, look for 'Compress Picture'. Click on that and then click on 'Compress for Web Pages' that appears in the next panel that appears, then 'OK' and it will reduce the size of the picture. Save it again and then attach the compressed picture to your post. 

I'm no computer whizz but I had the same problem posting the photos of Malcolm's Bowdenex cables last night and found the above worked. 

Steve
I use the following website, as it allows me to do batches (For a single photo I use MS paint). Simply drag and drop your selected files chose your scale (My camera produces files around 8MB, and I find that 75% gives photos under 2MB which take less time to upload to the forum than the max allowed 4MB.). It converts the files and then downloads a zip folder with all of the images. Unzip and they are ready to upload to the forum.
LINK
I use a Mac, just open the picture in preview, click tools, adjust size, and job done, a smaller file uploads so much quicker
Black Art Enthusiast