The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brough Superior
A lovely example for sale on Car & Classic . Ref: C1089545...and with a Nottingham registration number.
Is £150,000 really the going price for one of these? Round here that buys a decent house!
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
I thought that the Austin engined Brough's ran a prop and twin rear wheels, but I'm willing to be educated!

Anyone have the definitive story of Austin engined Brough Superiors?

Charles
The last SS100 Brough sale was for over £300,000! This looks to be a bit of a lash-up; all the Austin-engined BS4s were shaft driven with twin rear wheels. I suspect this is a modified 11-50, which was also a side-car machine, but with a side-valve V-twin and chain drive; the frame looks to be too long for a solo machine.

The registration number is not on DVLA files, either!
Here's the link:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1089545

"a must for any serious motorcycle enthusiast"....hmmm
Hello all. The Brough Superior to which Mike refers was sold at the Stafford Bike show in a very distressed condition having been exposed to the salt air of Cornwall for many years.

With restoration costs plus the purchase price of £300,000 what would be the final cost?

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
Charles,
A full article on the B.S.4 Seven engined motorcycle can be found in the Association magazine 1972B, page 22.
Can email you scans if interested.
Chris.
The bike for sale is described as a 1930 machine, the registration number dates from mid-1931, and the BS4 was introduced in October 1931 - make up your own mind! The genuine article has curved front tubes (hidden by the radiators, and two substantial tubes at the back, running between the rear wheels ...oh, and it also used an Austin gearbox:

Hi,

I have a customer who builds up brough replicas. I understand from him brough did make a single rear wheel with the austin engine.

There are also replicas of it out there.

A stunning machine.

The picture above may be of the prototype for the austin engines bike.

Beautiful with the tank fairing.

Tony
There is a real BS4 at the local Southwards car museum here. Very rare apparently. It has a sidecar attached.

Simon