The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seven Special Seats.
[attachment=6028]
Hi All
About to retrim the interior of my Seven Special, just wondering what the forums opinion is on seating.
Bench or single seats?
I am open minded, recently view on the web vintage seats by Holden but as the seating width is around 80cm thought they may be a little snug!

On a separate note, I need a new running board foot plate to replace the broken one see photo, any ideas on supplier?   

Many thanks
Paul
That's a very pretty little car Paul - some more pictures all round please and of the interior you want to be trimmed

Aye
Greig

.jpeg   C48A6C2F-22D3-4946-8FFC-9C5177E2FD1C.jpeg (Size: 37.99 KB / Downloads: 737)
.jpeg   D612CD2C-4993-4B2B-B5C2-A65868670FB9.jpeg (Size: 78.51 KB / Downloads: 737)
.jpeg   855B71C2-929C-4D27-92B7-5EC1DB808983.jpeg (Size: 57.02 KB / Downloads: 735)

Hi Greig,

I like the look of your Austin 7 special.
Is it alloy bodied and if so how did you finish/protect it?

As regards tread mats why not make you own.

I made a set using Austin heel mats and some beading riveted
To an alloy plate.

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
This car has GE Cup wing brackets and front wings (with a centre swage added).
Flitch plates too - possibly.
I can make you some alloy bucket seats if you wish...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Since my special is most likely only ever going to be used by one person I wanted a good drivers seat so I used a Ruby seat than I cut about an inch and a half from the middle and welded back together. It was too wide otherwise. I did the same to the base so it retains the sliding function although I bolted the base frame onto the floor directly so no tipping. The passenger side will have a simple rectangular seat base and padding on the rear firewall. I'll get the trimming done by a professional upholsterer.

Simon
Hi All
More pictures as requested.
Purchased the car last September and now in the stages of recommissioning, manage to trace history back to the 80's found in Southampton, owner at that time was a Mr Laska.
Originally registered in London late 1927.
If anyone recognises the car and has any information on its history it would be most welcome, its quite a looker, the rebody is MG like.
Suspect the original car may of been a GE Cup?
I plan to compete in driving tests/auto solo's VSCC, was hoping to be at Silverstone this weekend but works have taken longer than expected.
The car has been totally rewired, new brakes, shoes, cables, cast iron drums, new wheel studs etc etc the list is long !  
In the process of replacing all oils and water hoses plus Zenith carb needs work.
Plan to keep it as original as possible, have retained 6v's, low compression head and recently fitted a pair of Lucas headlamps.
Generally the interior was in good condition, however the seats let the car down, hence the original post.

Duncan, love your seats will give them and your kind offer some thought.  

This is my first venture into vintage cars and find the forum invaluable.

Many thanks
Paul[attachment=6043][attachment=6044][attachment=6045][attachment=6046][attachment=6047]
Very pretty car!
Paul - was this the car with the interesting chassis discussed earlier? What did you conclude in the end?