The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
An Apology
Well done.
A very gracious statement and one I'm sure will be equally graciously received.

Paul N-M
Ian,

I have to respect anyone who is able to stand up, admit they were wrong and apologise.
Let's look forward to better times.

Chris
Not easy to readjust after a brain trauma.

Physical recovery is one thing but the side effect in my case was a major personality change. I became unreasonable, argumentative and obsessed with tackling tasks I was incapable of carrying out. This lead to frustration with the result that I becoming more unreasonable, argumentative and so the cycle went on and on. One is not able to comprehend these inner changes, it all seems to be the rest of the world that has changed and it is family and friends that suffer as a result.

Time has brought me back to the person I was (almost) but it takes a long time.

I hope sharing my experience helps.

Roger
Precisely my experience Roger, and not something I would wish on anyone. Welcome back Ian and good luck with the recovery.
Alastair
Like many on here I know how illness can affect people. It presents a stranger who bears no resemblance to the one liked and known.

Those who care and recognise this happening will wait until the person, they knew, returns.

I certainly welcome Ian’s return.
Well said R!

P N-M
These posts have made me appreciate this forum all the more.

Its great to see firstly the opportunity to sort an issue out but also a level of understanding and relatabilliy between posters.

Sometimes I read someones response and think "What the" and move on without even thinking about what is or has happened in a posters life that leads to random or out of character posts. Even the random posts have forms of wisdom whether they relate to the topic or not.

We need to focus on the greater aim of this forum and that is for us to share and learn from others so that our Austins keep on the road. Along the way we make good friends and some associates that we don't exactly agree with. I am yet to see any benefit from emotional keyboard attacks.
Well done Ian.

Keep up the good work.

Arthur