The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
An Apology
Dear forum readership as regulars here will know I was banned from the site for a post I made where I accused another member of belittlement, being childish, vindictive, small-minded, dishonest and cowardly, I implied that there was a conflict of interest with his posts and his position within the forum and wider Austin community. I have recently been sent a copy of what I said, and to be honest reading it I was quite shocked at my anger and how strongly I worded the post. I was reacting to an ongoing disagreement between us where I felt rather than privately talking to me about the issue as we had on so many other occasions he was now publicly trying to belittle my posts. I had sent private messages and emails asking why this change in attitude was happening, however I received no response and it continued until I snapped and lost the plot. Not that the above and what follows is an excuse for what I said, but perhaps goes some way to explain it from my perspective. Five years ago I had a serious almost fatal high speed accident whilst racing my Austin 7, amongst numerous other things I suffered a head injury which has affected my temperament and left me a little hot under the collar. I hate injustice and felt I was being wronged by this other member, however I do sincerely apologise for the viciousness of my response to what I felt was his unfair actions, and for the personal accusations I made. I also accept that I may have taken some of what he said out of context as we all can do at times online. I have offended the wider readership by allowing our disagreement to become public, which is at detriment to the forum and I am also sincerely sorry for that. The forum is a fantastic resource for the Austin seven community I have always tried to be a voice of reason and ensure my posts are honest, informative and based on real life experience. Until last night reading again what I said I had been feeling like the wounded party in this whole story saga, I was holding out for an apology from the other side refusing post again until that was forthcoming. I see now that was wrong of me and if the forum as a whole accept my explanation and remorse I may return to actively posting once again. 

Black Art Enthusiast
Welcome back Ian, it's good to catch up with the progress on your 7 rebuild again

Aye
Greig
I'm new to the forum and know how the brain can cause problems I had a stroke 2 year ago and find i can for no reason get angry and have a argument  with somebody !
I'm lucky and have good friends that have helped me sort it out . So don'the worry about it have fun nobody knows what is a head ? Welcome back and enjoy your car .
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
It takes a big man to put that down in writing.
Good to have you back Ian

Best wishes

Charles
Hi IAN,

Welcome back.

I have always admired your great knowledge, and skills. ( but don't let it go to your head).

I was a little surprised at your blow out. But can't complain, ive felt it right to have a couple of my own.

The second party to this I find to be a very reasonable person. And I'm sure you will both be able to sort your differences out.

hope this helps, ( it has for me ). be cearful of third party's stiring the pot to see what boils over? 

Tony.

Ps, good to see more of that special build.
Well said.
I certainly hope that the apology will be accepted in the spirit of good relations on the forum.
I’ve always enjoyed first class posts from, as it turns out, a first class guy.
Life’s too short Ian..

All the Very Best,
Albert...
Hi All,
I hope the other person involved has received a full and unreserved Personal Apology.
If so Welcome Back Ian

Colin
NZ
Welcome back, I'm sure your heartfelt apology will be accepted in the civil manner that you have made it here.

I'm sure most if not all of us have seen how disagreements can escalate on the internet in a way that they never would in a face-to-face environment.
Welcome home.
Whilst it is for the other person to accept your apology of course, I hope they have done so and life can move on.
Now, Brexit...
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!