The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expensive Replicas
Perhaps as a relatively new owner, I may be ill informed. Replica Ulsters seem to be gaining in price exponentially. I thought the designation was "EA Sports" rather than "EAS". Seems like it is missing a few bits. https://www.gumtree.com/p/austin/1930-au...1266651971

Erich
(22-09-2017, 04:17 PM)Erich Wrote: Perhaps as a relatively new owner, I may be ill informed. Replica Ulsters seem to be gaining in price exponentially. I thought the designation was "EA Sports" rather than "EAS". Seems like it is missing a few bits. https://www.gumtree.com/p/austin/1930-au...1266651971

Erich

Even my inexperienced eye can spot several non-authentic details.
"Genuine to the real thing"
What does that mean? Is he trying to pull a fast one ?
I wouldn't know the finer points but I'm always suspicious of careful wording on adverts, perhaps I'm too cynical for my own good?
The asking prices are indeed going up.
Whether they are selling at those prices is the real question.

Charles
What does "...but only a fraction of the 5 figure price tag!" mean? If I offered 7.5k would he bite my ARM OFF?

(I also dislike CAPITALISATION OF BITS in adverts)

Looks nice though! Can't help but think that people distrust gumtree.
Yes, it looks nice enough, but £35,000? For that sort of money one could buy a concours Singer Le Mans with change, or a very tidy Wolseley Hornet Special or P-Type MG ...
Well it looks tidy enough, and these days I could just about believe it cost 35 grand to put together. The confusion lies in the thinking that because it cost that to build, that's what you can sell it for. Unfortunately not the case.