The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVLA cannot be wrong!
Dyscalculia?
You might think so, but that is different - as you probably know, more a problem with doing sums than writing them down - this is just a labelling problem...
A bit like the dyslexic agnostic insomniac, he was up all night wondering if there was a dog...

I'll get me coat!
Big Grin DVLA (Kits & rebuilds/D4) emailed me yesterday me to say the case was in hand and They would be in touch shortly.
I rang the signatory to acknowledge this (I was a bit concerned by "Kits & Rebuilds!") and a charming lady said that her department get to deal with all sorts of queries ad that she had already altered the cc to 747 and had asked for a microfiche of the log book when it had been computerised. Her thought was that an error had been made and the microfiche would be with her very soon. She was very pleasant & understood clearly what was my concern.
I had another email from her later in the day confirming that the original number was correct (DF4260) and to destroy the other (DF4620) v5. It seems that the delay had been caused because no one complained/noticed the error even when the car was exported!
Dyslexia Rules KO!!
So the DVLA are not all faceless bureaucrats  after all. well done them!
Excellent.
Just out of interest I checked the DVLA web site to find that DF 4260 is registered as an "Austinchummy" which is quite funny really as an Austin Chummy doesn't really exist as a make and model!

I also checked DF 4620 and that registration doesn't exist...well as I drove around for five years in a car with different registration numbers on the front and the back (numbers transposed as well) I wouldn't worry about it! Smile
I'll get my atco.... I need to be a lawn!

Arthur

(11-04-2019, 08:55 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: A bit like the dyslexic agnostic insomniac, he was up all night wondering if there was a dog...

I'll get me coat!

Posted wrongly, bugger!

I'll get my atco....I need to be a lawn!

Arthur
The action to correct the error was super prompt! I will have to SORN it now as it will take a bit of time to get the Insurance sorted...currently VOR on the chassis no!
if its not been taxed, or sorned since 1998, then you do not need to SORN it now, even though they may well send you a snotty letter telling you that you do.
Thanks! Once I get the insurance details sorted I will simply "Tax" it. Incidentally I dismantled the tax disc holder to find under the spurious disc that there was an April 1975 disc for DF 4260!
The spurious one was from Nottingham CC dated 27 April 1955 expiring 31 December 1955 costing £12.10.00
for an Austin ATM 456.... this is on the DVLA register as a 1937 1000cc Austin ...perhaps a Big Seven? Not on the A7CA register as far as I can see.
Anyone know it?