The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NIPPPY A7 QUESTION and pic.
Hi All, another bit of info needed, does anyone have a picture of the cover that fits over the handbrake plate? clearly something should go there, given what looks like factory drillings all the way around the top plate.
I also have another longer 17"ish gear stick complete with all the fixings and chrome plate. If I remove top of box is anything going to spring out?
Thank you in advance.
Regards Rob RPM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nothing will jump out of the gear box. My tunnel has a piece of 'edged' carpet that goes over the tunnel and tucks under the floor carpets.
Hi Rob,

You need this:-

http://www.7ca.co.uk/U1a.htm

and this:-

http://www.7ca.co.uk/U1.htm

You should be ok removing the the gearbox cover and gearlever
Nice knob, Rob!

Get a good grip on the turret and it simply unscrews from the gearbox lid and lifts away. There's a spring but it won't pop out on you. Take care not to drop the pin which passes through the ball at the base of the stick. No need to touch any screws.

Sorry don't know about the handbrake plate.
Yea!That looks the part Dave, are these available, or should i include on my search list along with door catches. I will take that gearbox cover off tomorrow.
Rob. thanks also bob.

Nice knob indeed, Louis Henry put that on there, it's a rubber super ball. Have the proper knob on replacement stick.
Rob

.jpg   S004I001.JPG (Size: 124.87 KB / Downloads: 199)
.jpg   S004I002.JPG (Size: 101.97 KB / Downloads: 199)
There is a gaiter that goes over the handbrake that is secured to the cover plate by a long rectangular plate with rounded ends. On my Box Saloon, it is rivetted on so the Lord only knows how the previous owner managed to replace the gaiter.

Here are photos of what mine looks like. Sorry about the quality. The garage is a bit like the Black Hole of Calcutta at this time of night. The line of rivets can just be made out at the base of the gaiter.

The plate goes underneath the cover, by the way.
Dave thanks for going into your garage for me, very kind.
Rob
Rob,

Both those pictures are from this website:-

http://www.7ca.co.uk/index.htm

Seven County Austins aka Tony Betts.

Door catches are a bigger problem Tony looked into making them but the work involvedĀ meant
they would probably not be worthwhile
You are welcome Rob.
I knew the gaiters were available, but couldn't think where I'd seen them. So Well done Daveg.

David.
Thank you daveg, will order from Tony Betts. Thanks also to all who pointed me in the right direction.
Regards Rob RPM