The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Special
This special showed up on BaT today.  Does anyone know this car?

Erich in Seattle

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1935-a...s-special/
Erich, that's a fine looking car ... are you tempted?
It is tempting, Mike. But I expect it to go for a pretty penny and likely more than I can afford. I've still got lots to do on the Speedy and the Ulster Rep goes in for paint this week. Still...

Erich in Seattle
That looks like one of David Gregson's creations.
The advert says it is and shows a letter from David Gregson to the owner dated 10th December 2001.
It is certainly a very pretty car! But not for me. It comes under the heading of: "What a nice car and I am so glad I don't own it."
Loving the exhaust. And loving the seats.

Hate those dials.
I’m glad someone else does.....I was looking at this on Face Book.  The rev counter in particular looks very modern. 

The seats though.....I love them!
Did you spot this 7 Van body in British Columbia though? Extreme cheap at the moment. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1937-Austin-Del...R8m_z_dZEY
Yes Longbranch it's been mentioned in an earlier post on Vans, but how much will it cost to get it back to the UK from British Columbia ? - therein lies the problem - otherwise I'd be very interested given I've a van chassis ready to drop it on to.
Jeff, it might likely ship for no more than app 2000 pounds, I estimate. Maybe less. Does anyone have a guess on the value of the Special. A post on the BaT website suggested $120,000 but that seems high to me. I may be tempted to bid.

Erich in Seattle