The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Home garage compressor.
Wow Colin, really useful, my nozzle is at least 1 size too big and possibly 2. I shall pick up the smaller sizes when I'm in town. 
cheers  Russell
RESULT!!
Went to the Polegate Mamoth Boot Fair this morning and after picking up a few Whitworth spanners and a spare little grease gun, I was about to give up and go home when I spotted a compressor, with a decent impact driver attached. after getting in to chat with the vendor, he told me had switched it on but nothing else and realising he knew nothing about the machine thought I would try my luck. I only had £17 in my pocket so after he told me he wanted £30 I told him what I had, he said that I could have it for £17 because he didn't want to take it home. A wire brush a bit of WD40 and oil up everything downloaded the manuals for both, and checked holding 8 bar for 3 hours, here's the result. Well pleased.

Well done. What a bargain find!
Vitually the same as mine that, except for the colour. They are probably mass produced in the far east. Perfect for most jobs in the garage but can run out of puff for spraying. It did the wings ok though on the RP
Yes Bruce, says Made in China on this one. Thanks.
This one cost £200 new and does everything I require. 90 litre tank and 14CFM.  Belt driven.  Not too loud.  It is not recommended to use an extension lead but I have done so with no problems.

I sprayed one of my Swallow wings recently and was very pleased with the compressor's performance.
October 2019: just been looking at cheap compressors (of the type to put in the garage roof and forget about for 20 years) and discovered that the 2.5 h.p. 24-litre job sold by Aldi at £80 is identical to that offered by Machine Mart at £132 However, the Machine Mart job does have a "Turbo" badge, so it's might just be worth the extra £52.
Ray,
I have a Wolf as well, and made two mods:
1) Outlet directly from the front of the tank to permanent 15mm copper piping around the Carport and into the Workshop, with full 100 PSI regulated/filtered at each of the 3 outlets.
2) Outlet from the compressor now through a cooler of 20mm copper tubing, looped in front of the cooling fan guard, then into the tank via a water separator, result near cold air and NO condensation in the tank, where beforehand had to open the drain regularly.

Geoff - Those compressors are nice and quiet.