The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a dealership question
This isn't particularly A& related, for which apologies, but is here anyone out there who lives near ALdridge, about 5 miles NE of Walsall?  I'm trying to find out if a dealer called "Sunningdale Classics" still exists, on the junction of the A452 and the A454.  Does anyone on the forum live close and either travel past or know them?  I suspect they don't but confirmation would be nice.
I'm not in that neck of the woods, but their website suggests that the company is alive and kicking.

http://sunningdale-classics.co.uk/
This is a Google Street View image taken just over six months ago in August 2018 - they were certainly still in business then on the roundabout junction of the A452 and A454.

I had looked at Google maps, but of course it isn't current. I'm pretty sure they were operational last August, but I think they may have gone bust since then.  Their last Facebook entry is also late August  -  as is the tribunal decision against them for not paying an employee.  Their website is active, but phone calls don't get answered - a machine says leave a message and we'll get back to you. What I'm hoping is that someone has actually driven past the showroom and can tell me if it still trades.  I suspect not.
Not mentioned in my earlier post, but the cars advertised for sale each have a date stamp. The 1934 BSA, for instance, states 2nd March 2019, which is obviously only one month ago. But as you say, it would be helpful if someone local could give a definitive answer.

Something else. If you locate the business via Google Maps, you'll find that there are a number of reviews, the most recent of which was just six days ago. Not a very favourable review, I might add.