The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Wyatt
Very sad news. In earlier days I couldn't have lived without his Motor for the Millions.  To the point it's so "Used" that I had to buy another copy.  Also, the Assocn seems to be a Jinx on their Chiefs?   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Sad! A true Austin (Seven) historian who enlightened generations of enthusiasts.

We are so lucky he shared his passion.

With thanks to the A7CA who are keeping his name and information alive.

Tony.
Sad News but not unexpected.
We owe so much to Bob for the knowledge and Austin material he has saved for Posterity.
Condolences to all from the Vintage Austin Register of New Zealand.
Rest in Peace Bob.
Steve Hainsworth  - Chairman
A further update everyone.
Bob's funeral will take place on 15th April at All Saints' Church, Wokingham
Commencing at 11.30 there will be a procession starting at 10.40 where it is hoped a few Austins, including Sevens, will be in attendance.
I will keep people posted as further details emerge.

Chris Garner
A7CA

Sad news, I have had my Wyatt book since 1968 when I had my first seven  FJ 8013 it still exist somewhere according to DVLA.

RIP Bob Wyatt, you were an inspiration to so many of us.
An obituary has been published on the Association web site overnight and can be found here:

http://a7ca.org/bob-wyatt/
Very sad news. A7CA and the Austin movement has lost a great supporter and friend.
Sad news indeed. Bob was very helpful when Peter Hornby and I were researching material for the Grasshopper book and allowed us access to parts of his collection. A tour of his 'spare' house was astonishing and his knowledge impressive.
Fond memories of Bob. We lived in Wokingham in 1990's and met him quite often when out and about locally in our Austins. We both ended up at a VE day celebration in the town centre in 1995; Bob had a very original 12/4 Windsor and I was driving my 1930 12/4 Open Road tourer. Bob's car was on an initial drive after restoration and he had trouble with the magneto. When the event was over, the Windsor refused to start so we lashed a tow rope to the Open Road and I towed Bob back to his house, which was only a short distance away. I managed to get my copy of "The Motor for the Millions" autographed in return. It's still a very important part of my reference library, even though very dog eared and grubby!

Sad to hear of his passing and condolences to his family.
I am endeavouring to organise a few Sevens to take part in the procession planned for Bob's funeral.
His son, Mike, is not putting any limit on the number that may turn up, although as he said to me, he could regret saying it!

If anyone in the Wokingham area is free to bring their Seven on Monday 15th April would they let me know please.
01664 852172 or 07774 780293.  ulster29@hotmail.co.uk

It is hoped that Bob's coffin will be transported to the church in a 1930 Austin hearse.

Thanks all.