The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports gearbox top query
I agree with the spring idea, but what if the spring goes through the hole in the bellhousing to retract the clutch release bearing?
Alan Fairless
Anything in any of the parts lists ?
Providing the tops are clean ans well degreased they should weld up ok. Ones I've seen usually are badly worn in the ball socket,or the slot in the ball worn.
Will have another look but don’t think I’ve seen anything before! Agree ref wear … really need to weld the ball to reduce some waggle!

Don’t think that’s the reason…. Has the usual spring round the cross shaft for that…..
The spring idea came to mind for me as well but to why? It would not appear to make sense around the gear stick, well I at least cant think of a obvious reason. Is there any evidence to suggest anything was once attached to the lever, obviously with the weakness in this area of the casting the pin wound not be able to take any real load.....most intriguing! What is the inside of the cover like where the pin is attached?
Black Art Enthusiast