The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars off the road long term and SORN.
(14-03-2019, 07:05 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: " I recently had cause to put a vehicle, that has been off the road since the late 1980's in my name. Specifically changing keeper on the V5. "

" Unfortunatley for the DVLA they got a snotty me on the end of the phone. Whilst discussing my problem, and without asking me the lady at the DVLA sorned my vehicle. This in my belief was an unlawful act, as only the registered keeper can declare SORN. "

If you changed the V5 into your name, and the DVLA contacted you, then who is the registered keeper who has to declare SORN?
 It was my understanding that if you purchase a vehicle and change the keeper details, you then had to restart the SORN process
If a vehicle is unlicenced, and has been since before The ''Road Vehicles (Statutory Off-Road Notification) Regulations 1997'' was enacted (in 1998) There isn't a requirement to declare SORN.

Changing the recorded keeper has no effect on this requirement.

In this case nobody (me the registered keeper included) has to declare SORN.
Thanks Hedd, this gives me the knowledge to try talking to the DVLA again.

Regards

Stuart