The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zenith 26VA Carb slow running jet
Hi all, I have had and still got carburettor problems on my Mk1 1935 Ruby. Having checked the exploded diagram for this carb I realise I am missing the small fibre washer for the slow running jet. Can any one advise me the size of this washer also does it fit at the bottom of the opening with the jet screwed down on top or does it fit along the length of the jet to seal things at the top. It would be helpful also if anyone knows the inside and outside diameters so I can make a washer.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi John
Just looked at mine and it doesn't have a washer but runs fine. Going by the washers I know it does have they are under the main jets so sealing between jet and body.
Mine also have a tube type jet under the 2 main carb jets, which I am told by a long term Essex A7 carb man were there, but aren't on the diagrams, so who knows. They don't seem to have made any difference positively or negatively.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Andy thanks for your reply at least my mind was put at rest in as much as my problems were not down to the missing washer (I think it has been missing for some time)but I did not want to start adjusting things and getting it into more of a mess than it already was. Because of your input I have adjusted the mixture screw on top of the carb making it weaker and thus getting rid of the huge flat spot on acceleration. I just now need to do a bit of a run to fine tune but that will have to wait until my son is available.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
no problem John, my understanding of the mixture screw is that it often does nothing, which mine did.

I cleaned mine out with air jet and lo it began to make a difference. I was told to set mine about 1 1/4 turns out of fully in, which has proved to be fine.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!