The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front shock absorber friction disc sizes
Hi All,

I'm at the point of assembling the front shock absorber on my '29 SWB chassis and have reached one of those "ummm?" moments.
The front shock absorber chassis mount has a 2 inch 'boss' on one side while the the friction discs I have all have a 1 1/2 inch hole in them. 
The discs fit the shock absorber arms perfectly but not the chassis mount. The cherished suppliers only seem to supply discs with one size hole - 1 1/2 inches.

Couple of questions:
  • Is the 2 inch 'boss' on the front shock absorber chassis mount normal?
  • Do I 'open up' one of the friction discs I have to 2 inches to fit, or is there a supplier for discs with large holes? 

Andrew
Melbourne, Australia

.jpg   IMG_9124.jpg (Size: 29.74 KB / Downloads: 339)
Big 7s have different sized parts here, from memory...
Looks Big Seven to me.

Paul N-M
‘tis but a wee chummy, maybe one that had ideas of growing up one day!

Anyone think it’s a bad idea to open up the hole in the friction disc to get it to fit?
May be easier to get a Seven one, they are readily available.
You could also bolt it back onto a fixture in a lathe and turn it down to the required diameter
Ascertain the make up of the friction disc before you consider making the hole larger, some of these items have nasty stuff in them.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.