The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Pump
Hi,
I am looking for a High Flow High Pressure oil pump to use the standard fitting and feeds ( 1934 Crankcase )
can anyone direct me to a Supplier.

Cheers Dickie
Tony Betts or Tony Leslie sell over-bored A7 oil pumps from time to time, one of them should be able to sort you out.

http://www.7ca.co.uk/

HOLMESDALE SEVENS (Tony Leslie)
holmesdale7@gmail.com
I'm fairly sure John Barlow had some at the back end of last year.

Colin
Paul. Bonewell made the gear type that is a straight swap for the original

Charles
Depends what you want it for. On a splash fed engine an overbored pump will be more than adequate. For a pressure fed engine I’d use one of Paul Bonewell’s.
Alan Fairless
Hi Folks,
Thanks for the response,
I will have to track Paul Bonewell down.

The Nippy Crankcase is going to have a Hadley Crank and Rods installed.

My current Mongrel engine has a Pigsty Oil Pump Conversion and an Allen Crank, this engine is staying in the car till the Nippy Engine is built.
Entered for VSCC Wiscombe in May

I want the Nippy Crankcase / Engine to be more original in appearance.
I intend to use the original oil feeds, uprate the pressure relief valve and restrict oil flow to the Camshaft bearings.
I do not want the oil to come out of the pressure gauge port and into a filter/ remote pressure relief on the head then a load of armoured pipes running about.
I already have available a Double pump conversion from the 50's / 60's but would like to use a more modern solution.
For what it's worth I've run a pressure fed 3-bearing crank on the road since the 1980's with an over-bored A7 pump. Runs at 35 - 50 psi without issues. Can't comment on the Hadley though.
(02-03-2019, 11:41 PM)dickie65 Wrote: Hi Folks,
Thanks for the response,
I will have to track Paul Bonewell down.

The Nippy Crankcase is going to have a Hadley Crank and Rods installed.

My current Mongrel engine has a Pigsty Oil Pump Conversion and an Allen Crank, this engine is staying in the car till the Nippy Engine is built.
Entered for VSCC Wiscombe in May

I want the Nippy Crankcase / Engine to be more original in appearance.
I intend to use the original oil feeds, uprate the pressure relief valve and restrict  oil flow to the Camshaft bearings.
I do not want the oil to come out of the pressure gauge port and into a filter/ remote pressure relief on the head then a load of armoured pipes running about.
I already have available a Double pump conversion from the 50's / 60's but would like to use a more modern solution.

I suggest that you get in contact with Damian GT, who posts here and has a tidy Supersports replica. His remote filter is really nicely hidden leaving a clean engine bay.

Charles
I'd be interested to hear about that. Damian?