The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVLA registration records
So its a 1923 Chummy?
Ah! We've been here before on a previous thread:

http://austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/sh...p?tid=2139

Unfortunately I don't believe that number belongs to your car; it's a well-known number seen on several period photos, and i believe an American owner has just made up the plates to give the car some UK authenticity. Your car is a 1925 model, and that number is inappropriate for that age of car.
Birmingham OK records like London have been destroyed.
I am trying to retain the original reg no of a 1927/8 Chummy that I brought back from Seattle It went out in 1985 & I have a print of part of the continuation logbook & a record of export from the (then) DVLC Swansea. My problem is that there is a typo error on the DVLC letter transposing two digits of the reg no!
I am waiting to see if my paperwork trumps their error! My Chassis nos all tie in, so .......fingers crossed!
I will let the forum know how I get on.
(03-03-2019, 11:31 AM)2009jamesb Wrote: Thanks for your posts. the registration on the car is OK9365 which was issued from Birmingham.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=5025]

Mike Costigan said: Unfortunately I don't believe that number belongs to your car; it's a well-known number seen on several period photos, and i believe an American owner has just made up the plates to give the car some UK authenticity. Your car is a 1925 model, and that number is inappropriate for that age of car.

2009jamesb
If this is the car I am afraid that Mike Costigan is 100% correct. 
This is a 1925 model as Mike stated and the number plate looks so fresh as if it was done and painted just recently. No trace of dust on the number plate as on the bonnet.
OK 9365 belong to a Scoop Scuttle AB Tourer with a 3 numbers chassis, which once was part the Bill Harrah's car collection in Las Vegas. It was then sold in 1979 to an another museum in Phoenix Arizona.