The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zenith VA26 carburettor problems
Hi all, I have just now put a new choke spring on the carburettor of my Mk1 Ruby (Zeneth VA26). The choke now works well but I have a problem with the carb. When the engine has warmed up there is a big flat spot from tick over to the engine reving up so much that it cuts out unless the throttle is feathered quite a lot. I have checked the tappets, timing and points and all are correct as I believe they have to be before adjustment to the carb.  My question is what  do I adjust.
One further point to to eliminate all possibilities I have fresh petrol in the tank.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi John, working on the basis that it, presumably, ran OK before you had the carb off to fit the new choke spring, I suggest that you possibly have an air leak at the carb/ manifold joint. Working on the principle of "what Have I done that could possibly bugger it up" ???
Either that or one of the jets in the bottom of the float chamber is blocked.
Again, typical of an inlet side air leak. Before looking at the more obscure things, always check the simple things first.

Steve
Thank you all will check for air leaks and blocked jets (wish I had an air line). I do however have a can of pressurised carburettor cleaner with a plastic tube extension. 

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
The two jets in the bottom of the float chamber are removeable - one of the screws holding it on to the carb body should have a squared end - use that to unscrew the jets.
John

I had a similar issue which I posted about here http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...458&page=3

My issue was the emulsion block which when lapped into the carb body cured the issue.
See this article http://www.da7c.co.uk/technical_torque_a...ettor.html

HTH

Cheers

Dave