The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this swallow make a summer?
Music 
By repute the best Swallow in the world is coming up for auction at an estimate of £ 50,000 - 60,000

http://richardedmondsauctions.com/catalo.../?lot=2110
I seem to remember hype very similar to this happening in the late 1980's and people paying silly prices for Austin 7's, houses, Georgian furniture etc. Lots of fingers were seriously burnt in the early 1990's !
That’s a very nice car , so a cut above most A7
Auction offerings.

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Knowing the car and the owner, I can well imagine that the description 'the best Swallow in the World' is likely to be accurate. As to price, it's an auction so it will make what someone wants to pay however make no mistake, this is not just any run of the mill Austin 7. It is something quite special.

Steve
I'm with you steve, knowing the owner. It's a very special car. As expected.

the best one out there, is a brave bid. 

But he could just be right.

A car of this quality deserves a higher than normal price.

But as suggested by Steve, the buyers will decide.

I should be there saterday, so it will be good to see the bidding.

Tony.
Lovely!  

Mine is in (almost) identical condition!

Lick o' paint, Mr Fawlty. One hour.
Cup in a Box, Swallow in a Shed.....

Ruairidh rumour has it that you have one of each variant tucked away as a resto project.....

Looking at what you have done with your Cup, the Swallow is going to be magnificent

Aye
Greig
The bar has been set rather high with the Swallow (see OP!!) but I do intend making it the next big restoration - I started it aged 11...
Ruairidh, is there no end to your talents? Restorer of Austin Sevens, mine of information and a connoisseur of fine single malt to boot!