The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early Seven in India
The small starting handle suggests it's probably a very early car.
I think the elephant driver is discussing with the Seven driver the merits of independant vs coupled brakes. And possibly stopping distances. May be safer for the Seven to lead.
A mahout, Bob.
I’m pretty sure that exporting classics from India was not allowed, along the lines of maintaining the country’s heritage intact, would anyone know if that’s still the case ?
(20-02-2019, 05:31 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: This photo of a newly restored Morris Minor was taken yesterday and has recently been uploaded to a Morris Forum. In the background is what appears to be a very early Seven - the owner believes 1922 / 23. It does feature on the A7CA Chassis Register with a query against it, but only gives its registration number of RNL 9450. Both myself and another Morris Forum member have asked for more details and I've suggested to the owner that he updates the chassis register via the online notification form for which I've provided him a link. 

http://a7ca.org/chassis-register/regresults

I think the word chummy is derived from the Hindi word for good friend. Brought back in the 19th C or earlier by the East India Company — along with pajamas, Jodhpurs and fart.
So perhaps it pre dates Longbridge by some margin.

Charles