The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Lights staying On
Wink 
Hi all,
My MkII Ruby brake lights remain on when foot is removed from the pedal, I have to pull it back to extinguish, much of a job to adjust??  Dodgy
Mixer, does the pedal move freely on the pivot point. It appears from what you are saying that the pedal does not come fully back of its own accord. Try a little lubrication and move the pedal up and down to get the oil in.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi Mixer,
Hope you don't mind, I've moved your post to it's own thread. hopefully you'll get some more responses here.
Mine does exactly the same. It seems that the weight of the pedal is sufficient to keep in there. It had never occurred to me that there was anything wrong with it.

Peter.
Might be worth taking the two screws out of the switch and check the return spring at the connections .

Might be worth taking the two screws out of the switch and check the return spring at the connections .
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
The switch plunger is normally connected to the footbrake actuating rod by a coil spring and a small bracket attached to the rod. It may just be a simple case of relocating the end clamp to allow the plunger to fully enter the switch when in the 'rest' position. In other words reducing the spring tension a little.
U         As Reckless says the actuating arm is a spring which can be adjusted, but if the mechanism seen here is frozen it will stick on aldo
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.