The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster (abandoned?) project for sale
came across this ad.. it's not mine.... lots of bits and bobs... might make someone a nice starter package to build his / her ulsteroid.... https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Detail...n-7-ulster
If it's a Roach body there is a fair bit of value there.  3 bearing engine, late gearbox and tall radiator all non-vintage.  No mention of a V5. No photos of the two chassis as far as I can see, or axles.
In my opinion you wouldn't use a Roach body for a post-vintage Ulsteroid, it would be a waste.
Always interesting to see what's available.  I never knew an Austin A40 could be worth £32,500, reduced at that!
Wow ! I didn't know classic cars had doubled,or trebled in price recently.
This is not a Roach body - confirmed by the man himself.
That A40 is probably £5,000 for the car, £5,000 for its rally history, and £20,000 race preparation!
The Ulster seams a strange mix of bits.

Is it a three bearing engine? Or is it a two bearing engine, with a three bearing crank thrown in.

Strange incomplete exhaust system.

The body seams to be painted very early in the build?

It would be interesting to see everything included in the build to see the thought process.

Or is it just a pile of bits?

Although the price feels sensible for someone to take the build on.

Tony.
I don't see a frame / log book?
Its got a 1937ish chassis with a number, and there are two other chassis which I'm not sure are also LWB... one only partially complete

Is the body a SWB type? I couldn't work out if anything fitted. Apparently its all been bought at various auctions...
Hi jonE,

That kind of makes sense.

I thought I'd seen the body before? 

If it's the one I'm thinking of, and my memory is still there. It was sold a few year ago through HVA auctions. Again if my memory is there. It's a compound curvatures body. One of there thin lightweights.

And to everyone's amazement on the day, it sold for more than the price than a new of the shelf body.

Perhaps the new owner felt he would save on a paint job.

If it is the same body, it means it has been fitted to a car Before. The body was removed and replaced by a stronger body from roach.

Tony.
Perhaps it is a Rod Yates body. He has made 'Ulster' bodies for the long wheelbase.
Robert Leigh