The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Definitive Answer on Oil In Gearbox Please
Hi, Please can someone give me a definitive answer on how much oil I should put in our 3 speed gearbox please?  It is used for competition mainly & I have read everything from 1/2 a pint to 2/3 of a pint.

We filled it with 2/3 of a pint last time & got a lovely oil leak.  The box has been rebuilt & the seals & gaskets changed since then, but it would be nice to know we aren't overfilling this time.

Thanks, Mark F
Use the engine dipstick to the full point - all will be well, provided the rebuild has been done properly.

I presume the casting I sent has been of use.
Hi Ruairidh,

Yes thank you, the casting was a huge help!  I hope that Adam contacted you directly, if he didn't, please can I apologise & thank you on his behalf.

We have had a bit of fun & games getting it all back together, the funniest was a couple of nights ago when Adam managed to get "everything" fitted back onto the car only to realise at the last minute that he had forgotten to fit the entire clutch pedal & mechanism  Rolleyes  , oh & he did manage to fit one visit to casualty in too.  We do hope to be back up & running this weekend.  Without your help & generosity, we would have been really stuck!

I'll post a couple of pics early next week.

Regards & thanks,

mark
Good news on the casting - bad news on the hospital visit!

I hope all is good soon, on both fronts.
It wasn't anything too dreadful, just a quick in & out to have bits of carborundum disk removed from his eyeball.

He's still at the "get really angry when people tell you to wear safety glasses" stage. He'll learn  Big Grin
Exclamation Cry
Mk1 - and ear defenders - never used them much so just coughed up 2,500 euros for a pair of hearing aids - a bit late now !!
Ha, ha, I know that feeling too Smile

2 of the greatest hazards of messing about with old cars.

I'm still at the "I'm not deaf, you are mumbling" stage.