The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum features, What do you think?
Did a bit on the search side of things, moved and renamed the button for advanced search so that it is next to the search box, and added search tips to the top of the advanced search page. The tips work the same in the quick search box too.
I was going to talk about the or function too, but because the unchangeable search system lacks the use of brackets to specify the order to apply the separators, adding ors just means a lot more irrelevant results to sort through.
Anyway here's what it looks like...

Along with that I have edited how the search results show to make them more user friendly. 
Advanced search now outputs posts as default (the same as the quick search box) rather than threads, which used to mean trawling through the thread to find the right post. On a thread with multiple pages this was obviously no good.
In the results list I have also put the post link on top and in bold, which takes you directly to the post containing the words you searched for. The previous system again steered you towards the thread which meant trawling through again.
Hopefully these bits may make the search function a bit more useful and user friendly.