The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum features, What do you think?
(10-02-2019, 12:18 PM)Timothy P Wrote: You can now add car/cars to your profile if you wish, and these will show on your posts too, see above

Hopefully I've got it right to update my profile and add in the 7's

Hmmm seems I must go back into profile editing mode

Got it - had to click on 'update profile'

Timothy you might want to look into allowing 2 lines for cars, I edited ours so my info block didn't end up against my name.... I realize we're in the minority with more than 5 cars.

Aye
Greig
(10-02-2019, 12:18 PM)Timothy P Wrote: As it happens I think Jon yours wasn't double as you don't seem to have your location specified on your profile anymore?

It was never there in the first place! Gotta keep a modicum of ambiguity in one's life. I might be in Cannes. Or Slough. Or not. I also took the option not to appear on the 'who is on the forum'.. (factoring that otherwise it puts pressure on if you haven't replied to someone's important email when they can see you surfing the forum Big Grin )
Thanks Greig, it's a nice problem to have! 2 (or more) lines would be a good idea. I'll forward it to management to see if it is achievable. as setting that up involves more access to the workings than I have.
All the best
I'd have suggested that the less flim flam went in this area the better - it just slows down the threads and results in deeper postings and more pages! I was thinking of removing my footer links for the same reason...

If it does grow, could it not expand width wise, tabbed, in the (huge) space?
A better way to save space & duplication of posts would be to remove the "reply" button in the bottom RH corner of a post (next to the quote button). If everyone used the black "new reply" button threads would be simpler to read.
Some good ideas.
Jon, how about this for more streamlined? Even with Location and Car it is now no taller than the info on the left? 
I agree Rekkers, the duplication of posts can be a problem not only from the point of reading a thread, but also for person making the reply as I have seen many that have ended up with the reply inside one of the many quotes (easily done).
It may be better just to make the function of the button the same as the black button saving those who use that button from making a change.
I'd hesitate to do so straight away though, without more feedback and clearing it with management.
thats a really great start Timothy... (assuming that other people think that 'posts' and 'threads' aren't important enough not to cluster, too)
Could that block be tabbed even further back to the left and then it would allow all of Greig's cars? (I know it doesn't feel strictly right, but could it not adjoin the name and title so that there was the whole page width of space...)

ah - seeing one of his posts, perhaps it does that automatically! clever!
I dislike 'footers' or whatever they are called - same thing again and again cluttering up the post- something that at first seems interesting soon loses its attraction.

Tony P.
well could they be removed entirely as a global option? You are right, they are too insistent and unnecessary. What do others think? People only put them up because the option is there...
Removing mine now!!
I love a fouter!