The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Mk1/Mk2 Front Wheel Arch Differences
Here are the three types I am aware of, there may be more...

Thanks everyone! Now I know which of these two to attach to the Ruby (Mk1) to put that right after all these years, and which will go on the van project (Mk2, AVK)... my spare passenger side wings are stashed away in a container so I'll dig them out and  match them to the appropriate o/s ones.
There does also seem to be a difference between the two in the overall length, of a couple of inches.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-02-2019, 02:13 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Here are the three types I am aware of, there may be more...
I'm puzzled, what's the difference between the top two?

Peter.
(12-02-2019, 12:19 PM)Colin Morgan Wrote: The wings look quite different from the side, with the later Mk 2 New Ruby having more of a skirt - as shown in the pictures below.

Colin

Going by the two blue Rubys in Colin's photos, my early Mk 1 has both wings wrong. Of your 3 photos Ruairidh, which do you think are correct for a Mk1? Mine are both like the lowest photo.

Not that it matters!
The top two are from Mk1s, the third is a Mk2 Andrew.

Peter - the difference is subtle and I may not have the correct examples shown in the picture - main difference is one starts horizontal then goes up, the other rises right from the running board. I only noticed when placing them side by side.
(12-02-2019, 07:41 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The top two are from Mk1s, the third is a Mk2 Andrew.

Peter - the difference is subtle and I may not have the correct examples shown in the picture - main difference is one starts horizontal then goes up, the other rises right from the running board.  I only noticed when placing them side by side.

Thanks, it seems both of mine are wrong then. It fits in really, it seems the car was well used but looked after, for the first twenty years of it's life. So it had new wings and a respray somewhere along the line. As well as rebore after rebore and then liners. And a few skillfull repairs to the bodywork over that time.
Ah yes I see. I've learned something today.

Peter.
An image from an as yet to be (Archive) published Austin brochure 1521 dated April 1937 for the 'New Ruby saloon (Type RR)'

The image comes from a Brochure that is described as 'Body Spare Parts' and is quite different from the normal 'List of Spare parts' booklets that the Archive has in its collection. If anyone has any other 'Body Spare Parts' brochures, the Archive Project would be very happy for the loan for digitisation or, if you're feeling really generous, a donation. 

Please drop a note of any offer to archiveproject@a7ca.org...

many thanks in advance ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)