The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body to chassis spacers?
(15-09-2017, 07:46 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I have used neoprene foam self adhesive strip stuck to the chassis and it seems to reject water ingress and allows removal.

An expert in plastics I know, suggests a 'closed cell' material would be efficient.

Closed cell, means it doesn't absorb water.
Andrew,
Mine did have packing pieces and I may have taken a photo/s of it/them, or added a description to my thread on the previous Forum, just don't remember.
Responses so far tally with what I found, especially the rust pits (dongas) under the felt that I found, as shown in one of the photos, so won't be using untreated felt again if I do that is, as closes cell sponge looks a good alternative.
To say I'm green looking at the photo of your body, car that is, makes me sigh as things are taking forever notwithstanding my foot.

Geoff - Ready to do the Tilter/Rotisserie video at last
Geoff, my rebuild is further on but I started this project 30 years ago. You might still beat me.

A big thanks to all that have responded re the packing pieces. I now have a better understanding of what's needed.
Suppliers of parts for rebuilding a Citroen 2cv sell rolls of 'closed cell' foam strip to go between chassis and body. A £10 roll is said to be enough for a 're-chassis' job. And some citroenistes cut strips from a backpacker's foam bedding roll, the kind you tie to your rucksack when going to festivals. It is definitely closed cell, but I do not know about the thickness. David
I bought an ebay roll of solid rubber 3 or 4mm thick, about chassis rail width, with self adhesive strip one side to allow for easy positioning.
Not expensive.
Thanks for all the ideas. The job is now done and the body firmly bolted to the chassis. Instead of Denso tape I used thin strips of rubber, and for the ends of the outrigger/crossmembers I cut squares of polyethylene from the edge of a kitchen chopping board. If seemed just the right thickness and was always too big. Trimmed down neatly it is now back in service in the kitchen.
[quote pid='1956' dateline='1506357516']
 I cut squares of polyethylene from the edge of a kitchen chopping board. If seemed just the right thickness and was always too big. Trimmed down neatly it is now back in service in the kitchen.
[/quote]

Has she noticed the missing chunks?