The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refitting felt seal spring ring
I have tried to find out how spring ring in rear axel should be put back .Many have given wise of how to get the ring out, by sharp screw driver. Have worked for me ,but after fitting lip seal in top hat and flat dish .The spring ring is too strong to compress with plier and get back in.   Any good way of doing this?
Mogens
i also found it impossible to get the spring rings back when using lipseals. I use large internal circlips about 47mm (and very large circlip pliers!).
I've got some spares if it helps.
Having had recent advice from Ruairidh, thanks so much, I have got this down from a half hour job to a one minute wonder!
Take long nose, thin tipped pliers and pick the ring end with nose of pliers and insert into place, take large screwdiver in other hand and  push hard on ring and down and around, after getting about half to two thirds around push screwdriver onto the end and snap into place, tap gently all around to ensure a good fit. One further tip he gave me, ensure that the metal cup is secured in place with silicone or adhesive so that it doesn't spin with the axle. Oh and if you have the metric size seals, after thorough cleaning cup and seal, rough up the outside edge of seal with sand paper or wire wheel to ensure it fits in the cup and stays in place. Good luck. Well it worked for me!!!!
Peter
(10-02-2019, 10:30 AM)Biddlecombe Wrote: Having had recent advice from Ruairidh, thanks so much, I have got this down from a half hour job to a one minute wonder!
Take long nose, thin tipped pliers and pick the ring end with nose of pliers and insert into place, take large screwdiver in other hand and  push hard on ring and down and around, after getting about half to two thirds around push screwdriver onto the end and snap into place, tap gently all around to ensure a good fit. One further tip he gave me, ensure that the metal cup is secured in place with silicone or adhesive so that it doesn't spin with the axle. Oh and if you have the metric size seals, after thorough cleaning cup and seal, rough up the outside edge of seal with sand paper or wire wheel to ensure it fits in the cup and stays in place. Good luck. Well it worked for me!!!!
Peter

Thank you Peter  .I already send Martin Baker a pm ,about his kind offer . Good instruction advice  Ruairidh

(09-02-2019, 07:55 PM)Martin Baker Wrote: i also found it impossible to get the spring rings back when using lipseals. I use large internal circlips about 47mm (and very large circlip pliers!).
I've got some spares if it helps.

I send you a PM about your kind offer. About your spare circlips .
I hope it works for you Mogens.