The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More ATF
I know that this is not particularly relevant to Sevens but these babies always give me a warm glow. 
http://tricyclecaristes.forumr.net/t126p...a-cyclecar
Duncan,
Bedelia et al feature regularly in the Light Car magazine of the VSCC. The latest issue is no exception!
Duncan,
Bedelia et al feature regularly in the Light Car magazine of the VSCC. The latest issue is no exception!
What always staggers me is the clarity of the period photos. The one of the chap on his motorcycle 4 or 5 down from the top fair cracks off the page...
(07-02-2019, 02:03 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: Duncan,

Just be careful of what you read in the LCES scandal sheet. The Editor can be dreadfully rude to Ruby owners. We may not be young, Adonis like figures, but to suggest that either the owner or the back end of the Ruby is ugly... If honour has to be settled by a duel, tickets will be sold in advance on this forum.  Possibly in the car park of the Metropole Hotel Llandod Wells at dawn on Saturday 30 th March.
(07-02-2019, 03:18 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: What always staggers me is the clarity of the period photos. The one of the chap on his motorcycle 4 or 5 down from the top fair cracks off the page...

That's mainly because they were shot on large format film cameras. By the 1930's lenses were pretty darn good and pictures like these were captured on negatives perhaps 4" x 5" rather than a measly 24 x 36mm. That meant they could be printed 1:1, without all the losses that enlargement entails. Truly large format cameras - I have one which can shoot 10" x 12" negatives - are capable of capturing extraordinary detail. The other thing is that the long lenses needed to shoot big film had very shallow depth of focus, so the background was thrown into a pleasing and complementary blur, enhancing the effect. Cameras have developed in the direction of accessibility and ease of use, not in image quality.
For those who speak some French there is an interesting video on the continued thread on the ATF forum re. Bedelias. Even if you don't do the lingo the pictures are fascinating, a short history of a collector's infatuation with mechanical devices, starting with a new motor for his Velo-Solex. Well worth a look IMHO

http://tricyclecaristes.forumr.net/t126p...a-cyclecar
More from the ATF, last weekend's jollifications. There is a tidy blue seven in there if you scroll down far enough.

http://www.lesrendezvousdelareine.com
That's an event I'd love to do, but its a bit of a treck down from Paris.
Isn't that yellow Morgan three wheeler fabulous!
Black Art Enthusiast