The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby door check straps
There are plenty of repro body parts available for Austin 7s, but one I've never encountered is the door check strap assembly for the Mk1 Ruby. As per my picture below, I possess the arm for one, but not the plate. I'd have thought that these are highly prone to failure, especially as much of it is exposed to the elements when the doors are closed.

I'd like to find a pair and am surprised that no one presently appears to be offering them. I'd have thought that the likely demand for such a thing might have been picked up by the producers of repro parts, but seemingly not. In the absence of any replacements, I might just have a stab at making a pair myself.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi IAN,

I've done them in the past, but not recently.

I think the last ones I done were for John milne, and a couple sets for ebay.

There a bit of a pain to make with the welding.

I've probably still got some parts if you want them.

Tony.
Obviously missing the rubber stopd
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(06-02-2019, 08:31 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: I've probably still got some parts if you want them.

Hi Tony,

I'd certainly be interested to know more about what you might have. Many thanks.
Derek, for the rubber stop I found a rubber moulding (tap washer ? )the correct diameter and thickness in B&Q,s plumbing section.
I used a tank cutter and a lump of lorry tyre. I’m bloody tight
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I lost one (since found) so cut and welded a 9" nail in a T to match the other... drilled it after welding, so no dramas there... threaded it, bent it and fitted it to the car.
Better late than never.

Geoff - 2018 a lost year ??
(09-02-2019, 07:42 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: I lost one (since found) so cut and welded a 9" nail in a T to match the other... drilled it after welding, so no dramas there... threaded it, bent it and fitted it to the car.

Where can you get 9 inch nails? Longest I could find here in Norfolk were six inch. When I asked for nines he said I’d have to buy some three inch and put them in alongside the sixes.
I said I wasn’t sure that would work —————

Charles
You could buy some MS rod & make them out of that?