The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncoupled car Handbrake Details.
I've had a bit of a drama with the handbrake on my Chummy.

My car has a gearbox without a female thread in it, and so someone has made a mount for the ratchet mounted on the chassis.

I've had the car a while and it is possible to push the handbrake off so far so as to jam up the propshaft with the adjusting bolt. 

The other day the mole grips I have been using as a stop fell off and we had quite a calamity where the propshaft hit and bent the adjuster, buggered the handbrake catch, and snapped the rod from the handle to the catch. Handbrake now U/S.

I am fetching some spares from Stoke this evening to mend it all with.

What I need to know is what is the dimensions of the tang that should screw into the gearbox, I believe from looking at the shape of it, that it also form a stop for the handbrake lever, and would thus prevent a similar calamity. 

Knowing the dim will allow me to weld a similar stop to my chassis mounted bracket. 

I know it will be a bloody awful thing to measure on a car, but a measurement from the gearbox casing to the end of the stop would be all that I need.

Unfortunately my other uncoupled car is missing the same part. I can guess what the dim might be, but I'd sooner get it right

Many thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Uncoupled car Handbrake Details. - by Hedd_Jones - 06-02-2019, 02:24 PM
RE: Uncoupled car Handbrake Details. - by GK5268 - 06-02-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Uncoupled car Handbrake Details. - by GK5268 - 06-02-2019, 03:34 PM
RE: Uncoupled car Handbrake Details. - by squeak - 12-02-2019, 03:43 AM