The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted - A cheap ruby project car.
I am 17 and would like a Austin seven project car, i have been saving up since i was 13 by buying and selling, gramophones, radios etc to buy a seven and i now have just shy of £5000 to spend on a seven, i was wondering if anyone has any potential cars for sale.

Thank you, regards Jake
What part of the world are you in Jake?
Oh sorry, i forgot to say im in the West midland, UK.

Thank you
(06-02-2019, 12:00 AM)12jslater Wrote: Oh sorry, i forgot to say im in the West midland, UK.

Thank you

As I usually boringly suggest - join a local Austin 7 Club- the members often know what is for sale locally and regularly exchange magazines with other clubs- another source for cars for sale.

Not much use to you but we will have a new member joining us at the Monthly General Meeting tonight who, like you, is looking for an Austin 7 !

Cheers, Tony.
(05-02-2019, 09:40 PM)12jslater Wrote: I am 17 and would like a Austin seven project car, i have been saving up since i was 13 by buying and selling, gramophones, radios etc to buy a seven and i now have just shy of £5000 to spend on a seven, i was wondering if anyone has any potential cars for sale.

Thank you, regards Jake

Jake, we may have one in South Wales. Contact me via South Wales Austin Seven Club website. John Williams.
Hello i have sent you a PM
Hi Jake,

The Midlands Austin Seven Club serves your area and, if I were you, I would join - see here: http://www.ma7c.co.uk/

Follow up John’s lead and let us all know how you get on, good luck.
Great to see someone of your age so keen!  £5,000 should get you quite a decent Ruby if you shop around.  

As suggested, join your local club.  As well as leads to possible cars, you'll find plenty of help and support and loads of experience to draw on.  Expensive mistakes can be made and I wish that at your age I'd had someone alongside to prevent me from making them - the truth is, that I probably did; I just didn't ask!

Fortunately, there are very few sharks in the A7 world and many club members will have a pretty good idea of who to avoid when you're buying.
Good morning Jake. I have an ARQ Ruby c1934 which require completion but has had a fortune spent on it (re-built engine, new tyres, etc). I bought it to prevent it being broken for spares. It does not have a V5 but it would be straight forward to register it.

I am in Stafford close to Junction 14 M6.

Please give me a call on 01785 850916 if you are interested.

Regards

Stuart
If youve spoken to Stuart, I have something that might be of interest.