The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATF again
Another from the ATF site
http://tricyclecaristes.forumr.net/t255p...in-seven-7
(04-02-2019, 06:54 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Another from the ATF site
http://tricyclecaristes.forumr.net/t255p...in-seven-7

Superb Duncan.
For anyone that might be interested the front suspension of the 3 wheelers was used on several early very light cars, esp French ones, some fwd some not. Despite appearances the framework does not articulate as with a double wishbone system, but is "rigid". The stub axles slide up and down on the pillars. Morgan retained the system far after its use by date. Inherent bump steer results from errors due the compromised track rod geometry. Some versions had steering arms with sliding splined connection so avoided errors (whilst unworn)
(08-02-2019, 07:20 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: For anyone that might be interested the front suspension of the 3 wheelers was used on several early very light cars, esp French ones, some fwd some not. Despite appearances the framework does not articulate as with a double wishbone system, but is "rigid". The stub axles slide up and down on the pillars. Morgan retained the system far after its use by date. Inherent bump steer results from errors due the compromised track rod geometry. Some versions had steering arms with sliding splined connection so avoided errors (whilst unworn)

I have owned a couple of sliding pillar cars, a 1909 Sizaire Naudin (1600cc Single) and my 1925 Lancia Lambda, Lancia stuck with sliding pillar until the late fifties.  I think the first to use it was a 1898 Decauville.
Cheers

Mark